Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

it lives

yukon

well after 7 months i finally got the sovereign going drove it in the drivway it was worth all the busted knuckles and the skinned arms ,sore back, but its runs great , only problem is the muffler is to close to the hood and it hits the headlights anybody have any ideas it looks better with the hood on.

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG.73cb418bada0d54816817a6f1d5a4960.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG.05f9de661a51c5a4252f51a3cb461ea0.JPG

The command sovereign hoods were shorter at the nose and will not work with the KT or Magnum engine/muffler. I would have suggested using a 7100 or 900 series hood but I'm not sure it will mount on the later sovereign frame as the front portion was redesigned.

Dual stacks is what I would do just is my 2 cents worth. But then that's if you want your neighbors to know your out and about. Hehe

can you shorten the manifolds so the muffler barrel is closer to the engine? Or you could try running two seperate mufflers, such as the ones for Gravely mowers, they are much smaller, you would have to lengthen the tail pipe using sink drain pipe or something like I did on my 7112 that uses a IH Cub Cadet muffler. Here is the gravely muffler. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gravely-18543-Lawn-Mower-Muffler-12-16-Hp-Engine-/220803932567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3368f0a197#ht_607wt_679

Straight pipes are hard on the ears and hard on exhaust valves, stacks are nice but if not done right, put stress on manifolds, engine block and are a burn hazzard. I vote for the small twin mufflers and maybe shortening the manifolds a bit so the muffs tuck in under the hood and exhaust downward with a 90' elbow and the end, straight down will blow up dust and debris all the time. Mike

Don't do the twin stacks, they are loud! I would just cut the manifolds like suggested. You could easily get a flare or sleeve to cover and tack it back together. I was going to cut it at the flange but if I remember right it was offset. You will be happy you did it right! Once done its all ohhh, ahhh!:D By the way, good job!!! Now do some arm pumps and a victory lap!:D

mike i already have up and down the driveway several times with a big smile on my face. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A sovereign 18 hood and a 900 - 7100 series hood are the same other than one has square lights and the other is round lights.

The front of the frame in front of the axle is a 1-1/4" shorter in length and height on the late model Sovereign 18.

You could change the frame and that would be a PIA or shorten the manifolds or the inlets on muffler if possible.

The Gravely mufflers would work. I was going to go that route before I decided to make my own muffler for the GX620 Honda.

If you have a junk frame for a 7100 you could remove the front portion and weld it on the Sovereign 18 frame as well.

I know they are stock, and original, and look cool too and all that, but my first thought is; Do you really need headlights ??