Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LukeMI

Push mower identification/info needed

LukeMI

When my grandpa passed, I acquired an Allis Chalmers push mower he had had for many years. I lost out on his B212 during the auction unfortunately, as it was the first tractor I ever drove, so it had sentimental value. any how, the motor from the push mower had a bad knock and when I pulled it apart, I found a ring had busted causing the piston to gouge the side. So, i am looking for a new motor. Where would I go about finding a new motor? Pics:

405869_162233983943151_1388500424_n.jpg

945974_162234023943147_510841986_n.jpg

65600_162234060609810_1024672794_n.jpg

BLT

1690362 is Simplicity version and engine for that was Briggs Model 92908 Type 1040-60†. At one time that was by far Briggs' biggest seller model. By the millions annually.

Chris727

A modern engine will not look right. Did you keep your carburetor, fuel tank, flywheel, etc? If someone can get you the part# for the shortblock there might be one on eBay cheap.

LukeMI
quote:Originally posted by Chris727

A modern engine will not look right. Did you keep your carburetor, fuel tank, flywheel, etc? If someone can get you the part# for the shortblock there might be one on eBay cheap.

id="quote">
id="quote">I believe I still have everything in the box. the carb isn't in the best shape though.

pungo

Did the rope start pull straight up? I restored a Cooper push mower that was my childhood mower, still have it. Yours def needs a vintage looking motor. Decals help and are easy to find.

Chris727

Can you post the model and type numbers off your shroud? I have an engine sales manual which lists the shortblock numbers.