Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

done

yukon

i want to thank everyone that helped me on this project,it runs good and mows good i wish simplicity could see the market there missing by not bringing back the sovereign. its truley one of the best tractors ever built.

IMG_3248.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

IMG_3248.JPG.a4b826b5cd6851f20575598dba01d925.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG.5ac4d0b5651eb564d23c3f1746be19f0.JPG

rokon i took your advice and took out the headlights i never use them thanks for your help

Very nice. I've seen pics off and on from your work. Can't remember did you do all new paint or was it just the engine swap?

Very nice. Problem is, folks are just not buying higher end garden tractors. The price point of most are on the cuff of the SCUT level tractors that add 4wd, true tractor style engine/frame intergration and are usualy liquid cooled diesels. For those that dont want a SCUT, they go with a ZTR at that price point and keep the old GT they have(which most dealers dont give squat for in trade in value)for chores and winter duty if the ZTR cannot do that. Some ZTR's can handle blowers and blades such as the Grasshopper line. I to wish we could see more GT's like that one, or the Wheel Horse's or any other good older brand GT. Just not gonna happen in todays marketplace. Great job on fixing that old girl up! Mike

They and the similar Allis and Simplicity tractors were great----------------but they were expensive to build. Lot's of parts that were bolted or welded together. The new tractors are designed to be made our of a few stamped sheet metal parts

just engine swap the paint is all original . it took me about 7 months to do but my garage isnt heated.i got more done in the last 2 weeks than all winter.

Awesome job Dave! That looks great...I too love the look of that era Sovy's. And with power steering...just awesome dOd

Looks real nice. Amazing to have original paint look that good. I missed your repower thread. What did you repower with ? sm01sm01