Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DanD

What do you think?

DanD

Do you think I'll be able to get the grass cut this summer? If I get 4 more, I'll have one for every day of the week! Actually, my dad just bought the one on the left from the local green dealer and I'm going through it a little for him right now. Will be a second mower for him that he'll use to cut part of the lawn while my mother drives their Prestige. Will help speed things up for them!

Small1.jpg

Small1.jpg.ce59c1fc9fd09bbd7e9cbb19cb02a00c.jpg

PhanDad

Wow, 2 late model Sovereigns both with PS. I believe the one on the right has a Command, but can't tell what engine's in your Dad's. Is it also a Command or is it a Triad?

And you cetainly should be able to cut much grass with the fleet.

richringo

I very recently bought a Simplicity 1989 4212H for $400.00. Runs great, cuts good and looks good. Lady said it had not seen a lot of use and it looks that way. No rust, paint and decals look new other than a slight fading of paint. Did I make a decent buy or not? Thanks

rokon2813
quote:Originally posted by richringo

I very recently bought a Simplicity 1989 4212H for $400.00. Runs great, cuts good and looks good. Lady said it had not seen a lot of use and it looks that way. No rust, paint and decals look new other than a slight fading of paint. Did I make a decent buy or not? Thanks

id="quote">
id="quote">A new cheap push mower costs about 200 nowdays, you can ride and it looks good, I would say the price was pretty good.

DanD
quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

Wow, 2 late model Sovereigns both with PS. I believe the one on the right has a Command, but can't tell what engine's in your Dad's. Is it also a Command or is it a Triad? And you cetainly should be able to cut much grass with the fleet.

id="quote">
id="quote">My dad's is just a little older and has an original Command in it. Seems to run well. Mine was bought new in May of 2000 (not by me...I got it in 2010 but with original paperwork) and originally had a Triad. That engine actually worked well for me...was smooth quiet and powerful. However due to their reputation I got a Command repower kit from Al Eden. So, mine is a 1999 or 2000 with a Command engine built in 2011. In fact, Al even used some of the pictures I sent him on his website. They are still up.http://www.repowereng.com/repower_kits.htm

DanD
quote:Originally posted by RickS

Nice line up.I would like to see them dressed for the winter.Rick.......

id="quote">
id="quote">How's this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2Gmq2EjLAor this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdjUH3UzRkQThe video of the new Sovereign was made when it still had the Triad. I also now have a newer black blower for it as well.

GrincheyOne
quote:Originally posted by richringo

id="quote">
id="quote">Welcome to the club!I paid $400 for my 1988 4212LTG, and the paint does have a tendency to fade. A good coat of wax and TLC will help to deter the effects of UV (sun)Cheers,