Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

In a real fix now! Ever been there?

AC_B-1Novice

We just sold our house and barn and the people gave us till the 27th of this month to get out. We have no place to go yet and a ton of things to sell fast including a lot of simplicty tractors and parts.

Ever been in a fix like that? I want to notify the members first because I'm going to CL very soon.

PM me for a look and I hope you all are NEVER in this sort of fix.

Years of collecting and storing have to go. sm02

This is the only place I knew to get the word out to you quickly as we have no time to lose or we really lose. larry 330-201-7609id="red">

This may help http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/grd/3792432100.html

NOTE: I'm truly sorry but I have no time to answer detailed questions only time to take a call and set a time to look. Thanks to all who help out but forgive me for not being able to give details to all of the emails. larryid="red">

Larry,

I do not know your situation but just wanted to give you the heads up on the new trend called PODs ....these are a smaller sized storage container that is dropped at your front door....you pack it full and then they can pick it up and store it for as long as you need....Just an option.

Best of luck to you and the family.

If you aren't going too far away, you might be able to arrange with the purchaser to keep using the barn for a while so you can arrange for a more orderly dispersal of your collection, or get an autioneer to sell things. You can list a number of items in the classified section of the Club and also put on Craigslist. Wish I lived closer and could get some interesting items, but I'm also getting to the stage where I should be thinking of reducing the number of things I keep around.

I rented a large storage unit, before placing our home on the market. I filled/stacked a 10x30 as tight as she would go, and also listed many pieces in there for sale. Our house sold in a week, and I had all the time in the world to keep my collection stashed, and was gratefull I had stored them prior to listing the house for sale. It cost me $70/month, of course.

When we bought the new place, the collection was the last thing to come over. For several evenings, I would load up two trailers, tug them 10 minutes up the road to my new place, then drank beer in bliss as I unloaded and the neighbors watched in amazement.

I was also thinking storage unit. I used to deliver shipping containers, that were used for storage. You can get a LOT of shtuff in a 40 footer!

I just wanted to say thank you to Larry for giving me a great deal on three tractors today. I bought a good running but rough looking 7012 Hydro, and two mostly there non-running 64 Landlords for $275. Larry is a real gentleman and I am grateful that he named a price that I could afford! He still has a nice 36" tiller for sale that would make a good unit for someone.

Thanks again,

Dave Tenney