Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

Brake rod/Mid 90's Broadmoor

Brettw

We shall now test the true depths of experience and knowledge of the collective site minds.

I picked up a mid 90's Broadmoor. Someone has disconnected the clutch rod / brake rod / idler assembly setup and reconnected the clutch rod to the brake rod, leaving the idler assembly completely out of the equation. The idler assembly does 3 things (I believe); when the clutch/brake pedal is depressed it: 1) Rotates the idler assembly and takes the tension off of the drive belt. 2) realigns return to neutral lever and returns dash mounted hand control to neutral. 3) Pulls on brake rod and applies the brakes.

This is a Hydro Gear setup. I have figured out where the clutch rod goes to in the idler arm assembly. I cannot see on the repair manual however, where or how the brake rod connects. I can see it on the Eaton or Peerless diagrams, but it is not clear as to how it is attached on the Hydro Gear version. This is what I need to understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and one picture would answer all of my questions.

Thanks in advance!

Brettw

I got it figured out. With help from Ray's library of manuals, a stop at the Sim dealer, and some "well, it can only go a few ways here, let's get at tryin' 'em out", I have it all back together.

Tractor is up and running A-1 and off to be delivered. Now, if someone in the future asks this question, I should be able to help answer it!