Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Allis-Chalmers Lawn Tractors

JimH

Just saw a copy of the brochure for the new Allis-Chalmers 9000 series lawn tractors. It's is listed in the spring edition of the Old Allis News.

They are due out sometime in 2013.

Tried to get more info from my dealer but he does not have anymore info other than to confirm briggs & stratton has said they will build them.

My dealer and others have been pushing for this.

Production of the AC-130 lawn tractors stopped last fall and we were told they would not build anymore.

According to my dealer there is rumor they may start production again because dealers are placing orders.

We will see........

they been out for a while. The Simplicity dealer in Brandon, WI has them showing on Craigs list. Do a search for Madison, WI Allis Chalmers and his ad should show up in Brandon.

Actually its only on the Appleton-Oskosh ads. Black like the Simplicity-Sears. I did see a white one on another ad. D?idn't pay much attention cause I thought Briggs was dropping the Allis venture because of poor sales.

I cant find anything on these...

I'm certainly not a fan of the black!

Whoever is in charge of this new line of Briggs

allis's needs a lesson or 2.

Why would you attempt to revive an old brand to assume

to sell to allis enthusiasts... then, make the

only difference from a Sears be the sticker you slap

on the side.... doesn't seem too bright.

3G13Mb3Ib5E85Fe5H2d49dcf0274c2a1f1040.jpg It doesnt say anythig about these being the new 9000 series. I think its briggs's attempt to sell off their old stock of the failed 130's

snapperblack1.jpg

Black Snapper. Same as conquest. I don`t think it had the deck rollers. It is at a local AG box store. I think they are using the Murray decks on these.

snapperblack1.jpg.4b03311b049ad20129116cc874d9afb2.jpg

I agree....If Allis wants to get its old fan base back, then they need to build a "tractor" to compete Kabota....NOT MTD!

quote:Originally posted by AC712H

For shame. . .what a disappointment

id="quote">
id="quote">

quote:Originally posted by Willy

In 20 year (if they last that long) instead of collectingold iron we will have to collect old Plastic.sm02

id="quote">
id="quote">I have had my Prestige going on 12 years now. I am sure I will have it in another 8 years. Motor runs great and the hydro does as well. The dash is plastic and that is it but it is built as well as any of my Sovereigns.

1. This is not Allis -- this is Briggs and Stratton...

2. I was told at the OPE show last fall by their head of marketing that they basically planned to let the Allis 130 fade away, because it didn't sell...

3. I'm actually surprised that the black Conquest is out there -- I wonder if it is simply rebadging the Craftsman-branded machines that likely also didn't sell at that price point.

If I'm going to pay close to $6000 for a machine, I'll buy it from a dealer, not a department store...

Kent, this one is $4000.00 I agree I would rather buy from a dealer where it would get serviced or worked on by someone that was trained to do so. This is up by Josh`s place and seen it when I stopped in the place to get a bearing. The deck is the cheaper Murray deck and it has the cheaper transmission then the Prestige.

https://www.familyfarmandhome.com/inet/storefront/store.php?mode=showproductdetail&product=9245

Kent, I remember you telling me what you and Al were told last fall at the show on the status of the AC-130.My dealer is now saying that there has been a management change at Briggs,(can't remember the guys name) and that's why the Allis brand is supposed to keep going.Like I said in my original post, We will see....

quote:Originally posted by Kent

1. This is not Allis -- this is Briggs and Stratton...2. I was told at the OPE show last fall by their head of marketing that they basically planned to let the Allis 130 fade away, because it didn't sell...3. I'm actually surprised that the black Conquest is out there -- I wonder if it is simply rebadging the Craftsman-branded machines that likely also didn't sell at that price point. If I'm going to pay close to $6000 for a machine, I'll buy it from a dealer, not a department store...

id="quote">
id="quote">

Yes, that is the name my dealer mentioned.

quote:Originally posted by Kent

Jim,Was the name Harold Redman, by chance? He's the head of Briggs Outdoor Power.

id="quote">
id="quote">