Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B110guy

B110 Ignition Key?

B110guy

Is the key for the ignition the standard INDAK key I am finding on eBay? I have a 5 year old who likes to carry them off and need a few spares. Was hoping to avoid paying $2 a pop for them though. One guy selling them thinks it takes $2 to ship them. Tape the thing to a post it note and slap a first class stamp on a small envelope.

B110guy

Chris727

If you have the indak switch then yes. If you have the Push-button start with an on-off key then if its OEM it is a special key.

B110guy

Crud, I have a push button start. Been turning the switch with a flattened nail or flat blade screwdriver so it can't be all that special. Sadly, the same 5 year old has swiped the key from my zero turn that I know was an INDEK key so I can't even check it. Guess I need one for my zero turn anyway.

B110guy

rokon2813

The OEM key is available from Simplicity. about $12 a pair :o

2122111SM is the part number I think.

I don't know if I have a spare or not but I will go look

rokon2813

If you don't find one, I do have a spare.

I also have a broken one, stamped Briggs and Stratton C426

Might ask your local dealer if that is a part number or a key blank number.

B110guy

Jacks has them for $6. Not sure if that's one key or 2. Suppose I should make sure I still have the OEM switch. I know I need an INDEK key for my other mower. I'll get one of those and see if it'll work in my B110. Just Googled the Briggs C426 and came up with a thread here about the key. Also found a picture and it is for sure NOT an INDEK key. Don't understand why a flat blade screwdriver would work on something that takes a special key.

B110guy

GrincheyOne

Those switches take a lot of abuse from the weather. If the proper key is left in the switch, the tumblers can "freeze" in the proper position to allow the cylinder to rotate.

Wayne

GregB

Replacing the key should be a one time expense. Attach it to the tractor with a small diameter stainless cable loop. The key will only go as far as the length of the lanyard.

My two cents, value accordingly

B110guy

I think you have the right idea Greg. Should tether all of them. It is also possible that the goofball broke the key off too. I haven't looked that closely.

B110guy

PhanDad

Might be that the tumblers are frozen in the correct position, but it might also be that the key is broken off just slightly inside the lock. This is a common issue with the B-110 with push button start - climbing on/off the tractor and your foot smacks the key and finally it fatigues and breaks. Ran one for a number of years that way tuning it on/off with flat blade screw driver.

goatfarmer

Broken key was the problem with my Simp 2110. I was able to retract the broken part, and there was enough left for a locksmith to duplicate.

PhanDad
4 hours ago, caddrafter said:

Does anyone have the part number for the Simplicity Landlord 101 ignition switch?

From the combined operator/parts manual:

image.thumb.png.dca37e85e9a6c708ad47af398181712a.png

image.thumb.png.8b5583f29b06543b922494ea37152bcc.png

Looks like the part number is 122048 (AQ)