Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

trailing mowers

huffy

I'm thinking of building a couple of these to help cut down my mowing time, since none have popped up for sale by me. Looking at the manual, it doesn't look like it would be that difficult. Just wondering if any members have built them before, as it would be nice to see any plans or pics.

I like trailing mowers, but just started double-striping so I can increase my seat time :-)

Trail Mowers, Simplicity or otherwise are hard to find at a deal. I have several souped-up motors ready for one if I find a project. They really should be more common considering the use.

Just check the ebay and craigslist section on this site. There are two trailing mowers with motors posted. $500 for the pair and negotiable.

One of the members posted the craigslist link.

Yeah, Chris, I saw those last week. That would be a great deal, if they weren't 1700 miles round-trip from me. I've been keeping an eye out for close to 2 years now, and haven't seen any pop up anywhere near me.

Bummer! without looking up your location I wondered how far away they might be.

I've nver seen the trailing mowers in person but will watch out for you.

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

Bummer! without looking up your location I wondered how far away they might be.

id="quote">
id="quote">One of the problems that I have is that I live way up at the top of the state. Simplicity/AC stuff's pretty rare up here. A lot of it pops up down by Josh and Ray, but that's way at the bottom of the state. I think it's nearly 8 hours round trip to get down near Ray's house.