Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Allisgrandson

Gears grind in FDT

Allisgrandson

If I leave the tractor running out of gear, when I go back to put it in gear, it grinds every time. Is there an easy fix for this one?

The tractor is a Homelite T10(12). Is there something that can be checked/adjusted or just wait until it grenades and replace it?

Thanks for all of your help. This is the same tractor that has had the spark issues. I'm so close to having it running in tip top shape. I have a leaking cylinder arm on the loader, and this grinding issue. I'm loading the tires today to help with weight in the rear-end also.

RickS

Brian,

It sounds like your belt stops need to be adjusted. These belt stops help guide / shape the belt when you are in neutral. Without belt stops the belt will actually fall on to the pulleys enough to cause the gears to spin.

Rick.......

pungo

Ricks right. Start with a new belt, change the plastic sleeve bearing inside the two pulley halves(part still available from Jacks)and then adjust the belt stop, my 2010 has never shifted smoother.