Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Difference in early and late B10's?

fishnwiz

I think the main differences were the decals and the fact that the early B10 was a 9hp whereas the late B10 was a 10hp.

Paint scheme and grill of course. The transmission input shaft was also longer and you had to cut it around an inch shorter when you installed a hi/lo unit. The steering rod was also all round instead of having flat ends on it, probably part of the steering change. I'm also thinking they changed the center PTO going from a b-1 style to a lever type release. I think some of the early b-10s had the metal/rubber drive shaft couplers in them instead of the fiber plate? The front axles became thicker at some point, not sure when or which models. Maybe someone on here can chime in? Also where the hood bolts just round with out the rod going through them for better leverage?

Thanks for the info...some very minor changes and some not so minor. What is difference in the grills and why? Can the old and new both be used on either?