Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BLT

Sunstar,front PTO stalls engine ** revisited

BLT

My Sunstar is having the same symptoms, after a short period of time the engine dies and need at least

five minutes of cool down time before it can be restarted. It appears I have a bearing problem also.

Tractor is 1692135(CH20), mower pto clutch was 1708527 S/S by 1686737SM . Is it much of a

project to replace bearing and has any one come up with a bearing number?

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=119549&SearchTerms=Sunstar,front,PTO,stalls,engine

Ronald Hribar

I am very surprised that the Master does not have that info.

Not surprised that we the students do not have answers.

I would get replacement clutch. Then tear old one apart

and take the bearing to a bearing store.

CarlH

If you have the later Warner clutch, the front bearing (in the pulley assy) is NSK 6006DU. The rear bearing is NSK 6206DU. The Warner clutch is a 5218-39.The later electric clutch looks like this:

WarnerClutch1.jpg

WarnerClutch2.jpg

WarnerClutch1.jpg.9cd7e64399cdcbe0519a0b67176a08e8.jpg

WarnerClutch2.jpg.00538898e5e4afdb7233cb6167a788c2.jpg

Dan123

Does your clutch use a snip ring to hold the bearing in? I have an extra clutch in the shop and I will look at it tomorrow. My sunstar almost stalls when I engage the clutch and I am starting to worry about the bearing now.

CarlH

I don't know for sure. My Sunstar arrived with the new style clutch that needed replacing. The spacer (item C) may or may not be the same. You can use a bolt as the clutch stop (item B). The bushing (item E) is unique. It may come with the newer clutch. Proper torque value for the bolt (item G)is critical.