Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy

Ronald Hribar

The 48+60 inch decks are left hand same style housing as the original 48 inch deck, the 60 is like the sunatars housing. The 54 inch is a right hand discharge, that's a later built deck first appeared on the legacys and landlords. Not sure which way the 72 inch deck discharges from. As for why they made them discharge on those sides you would have to ask an engineer. I suppose the 48inch deck works great so why change it?

....Could it be that the different blade rotation

lifts and cuts the grass better that's been laid

down by the front wheel tracks.....

Onthe older Simp/AC's it has to do with the PTO...The AC 300 & 400 series decks were driven from the front PTO & turned opposite the others driven from the mid PTO. Not sure about the Legacy, its decks are driven by a vertical engine. sm01

Originally posted by GLPointon

Onthe older Simp/AC's it has to do with the PTO...The AC 300 & 400 series decks were driven from the front PTO & turned opposite the others driven from the mid PTO. Not sure about the Legacy, its decks are driven by a vertical engine. sm01

id="size4">

My Legacy has a horizontal engine. The outside blade on the left has a different rotation from the other two. This is a '98 model with 1435 hours.

Dave

Am I screwed up on this??? I thought the Lagacy's had a vertical crank?? and did away with the BGB type design..? Thats how they have the lower room in front of the seat than the older tractors...? no ?

The Legacy's have a horizontal engine, the Conquest and Prestige have a vertical crankshaft engine.

I have only seen Legacy's with left hand discharge decks, but come to think of it...they have all been 48" or 60". ?

Like Mike Wells said probably carry over from the Sunstar.

Looking at a picture of a Legacy 60" deck and I see the left blade is designed to turn the other direction (clockwise) than the center and right blade.

Learn something new each day here!^

quote:Originally posted by MikeES

The Legacy's have a horizontal engine, the Conquest and Prestige have a vertical crankshaft engine. I have only seen Legacy's with left hand discharge decks, but come to think of it...they have all been 48" or 60". ? Like Mike Wells said probably carry over from the Sunstar.Looking at a picture of a Legacy 60" deck and I see the left blade is designed to turn the other direction (clockwise) than the center and right blade. Learn something new each day here!^

id="quote">
id="quote">Mike it is the same with the largest Sunstar deck.

quote:Not sure which way the 72 inch deck discharges from.id="quote">
id="quote">

Is there such an animal? Never heard of a 6' deck?

Originally posted by Brettw
quote:
id="quote">The largest I have seen is 60 inches. Some one getting confused with 60" versus 6'0" by chance?

quote:quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by MikeES

The Legacy's have a horizontal engine, the Conquest and Prestige have a vertical crankshaft engine.

I have only seen Legacy's with left hand discharge decks, but come to think of it...they have all been 48" or 60".

Like Mike Wells said probably carry over from the Sunstar.

Looking at a picture of a Legacy 60" deck and I see the left blade is designed to turn the other direction (clockwise) than the center and right blade.

Learn something new each day here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike it is the same with the largest Sunstar deck.

id="quote">
id="quote">

The early Sunstar 60" decks had all the blades spinning the same way.