Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DMKNLD

7114 cylinder head parts diagram

DMKNLD

Doea anyone have an exploded parts view of a 7114 cylinder head bolts and spacers? I scrolled through the various 7100 series on-line parts manuals I have but couldn't fimd a good detailed diagram of the head.

After pulling the head to replace the gasket I can't remember if the threaded bolts that go through the heat shield have a nut that goes under the spacers, or if it's just a washer against the head, then the spacer, then the nut? Any help is most appreciated.

rokon2813

Maybe this one? Do you have a manufacturer number? this one shows all 3 spacers same size, but should at least show you where they go.I use this site to look up partshttp://www.superxpower.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=SMP

7114 engine 2.gif

57e05e39118e4_7114engine2.gif.9b7d87e1715d3567d750a5aa229c1ae8.gif

DMKNLD

Yeh, that's the one. I do have 3 spacers that are the same size, and a 4th one that is smaller by about 1/2" from the others. It looks like the spacers just secure the heat shield away from the fins. It also looks like the head nuts go on top of the spacers instead of undeneath them against the head itself, (though the head bolts are threaded all the way down to the bottom). It seems like it would be harder to get the correct torque on the head with the spacer in between. Can anyone advise on this so I get it back together the right way?

allis579

The 3 spacers slide over 3 studs. The 2 spacers under the muffler bracket are topped with a washer then torqued down. The third spacer gets 2 washers, the baffel plate and it is torqued down. The torque is listed at 35-40 ft lbs. Just did one yesterday. LOL Bob

DMKNLD

Thanks, Bob, exactly the info I needed. I found the torque sequence on the Kohler manuals site, so I should be up and mowing (more like 'logging' after the recent NE rains) tomorrow !