Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wheezytick

simplicity 7117 question

wheezytick

Hi I have a simplicity 7117 had for about a year had the series 1 kt17, (blew a rod). didn't find out till after it blew how bad the engine was.I'm going to replace it with a 20hp kohler command, I know it will go in no problem, I just need to know how to wire it up?

Thank you Dan

Brettw

First off, welcome aboard, Dan!

The Command is a great engine, and it will fit, however, to say it will "go in with no problem" isn't exactly correct. Consider that electrical, muffler and heat shield, driveshaft, mounting plate may / will be issues. If you could find another KT or Magnum engine, all or most of these issues go away. So unless you are just going to bite the bullet and buy new, this is something to consider. Just a thought.

RayS

You won`t need a engine mounting plate. Crankshaft height is the same as you have now. You will need to drill new holes in the frame. You will need a different drive shaft and the aluminium flywheel to drive shaft coupler part number 24 029 09-S.

kohlercommaddptere.jpg

kohlercommaddptere.jpg.7c78a016e2e2e26fd9be5d74dba217c9.jpg