Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need Shelf Space...

rokon2813

So I'm gonna move this pile of parts...

new b10 parts.jpg

over here to this pile :D:D:D

new b10 day 1.jpg

There is a story behind this.I have a neighbor, who became disabled a couple years ago, not allowed to work anymore, and bored to death.He comes down to my shop nearly every day for something to do. He will help with whatever I'm doing. Anything from weeding gardens to stripping tractors to helping with my house remodel. I have never been able to afford to pay him, and he doesn't want it and wouldn't take it. He is just content with learning about tractors, and having something to do.By the way, He is happy with and proud of his Sears tractor.I have gotten him turned around to the point he thinks he wants a B10 :D:DSo anyway, he thinks I need this tractor for the Gathering Of The Orange show in August.He is helping to rebuild it, and paint it, and put it back together. (He has always told me he would take anything apart as long as he doesn't have to put it back together)Unbeknownst to him, when the tractor is done, and a tiller (I till his gardens every year) and it's time to drive it out of the shop, the wife and I have decided to hand him the key.That's when he finds out it is his. :o:O

57e0581c0c75a_newb10parts.jpg.2874457b759e2fe6131d13dec3a0c07e.jpg

57e0581c90ae7_newb10day1.jpg.24e57ce6b3902f90423eebe8751f0095.jpg

That is awesome, I Hope you both start to Cry tears of JOYwahwah!

Maybe you should take a Video when he Pulls it out of the Garage.dOd

That would make a great reality show. Sorta like the cable show "Overhauling".

Good luck and have fun with it!

Tacey

Dan,

That's real nice of you. He's going to be tickled pink when he realizes it's his. And he gets to build it. If he has any kids/grandkids, he's going to bore them to tears with the retelling of this story!

Dan,

Based on my limited interactions with you I am not surprised at all. You are the kind of person who always takes the high road and helps others out. Your neighbor will be very pleased and will never forget your act of kindness.

Great Job. While I can't speak for others; I am sure if you need any parts or advice we will be more than happy to step forward.

Rick........

What a great story & very kind idea Dan...

A nice B10 may help him forget about that Sears tractor:D I think he'll be very happy & proud of it for sure dOd

If I make the drive, can I come over & make some room on your shelves too sm06

Very nice. I'm guessing it'll be hard for you to keep the cat in the bag till it's done.

B110guy

dOddOd Great idea Dan. Payment for his help and no dent in his pride. Now you will have to bring him to the GOTO and introduce him to multiple AC/Sim owners....Dave

That's the coolest story I've heard in a long time. It would be really cool to have someone get his reaction on video. And post it on here of course.

That's very cool! I always knew there were good guys like you out there. You make the saying one good turn deserves another true!dOd

You are going to make another man cry---and I think that's just plain mean!! Kudos friend...:D

Very, very thoughtful Dan. You are one of the few people I know who would do something like that.

Would love to see the look on his face when you hand him the key?

Dan, you are a great guy, regardless of what everybody says about you. LOL :D

I applaud you and Lisa for doing this for a helpful neighbor. If more people returned favors and helped each other out, this world would be a much nicer place.

Then the next time he shines around, you boot up the computer and show him this thread.

Well done Dan!!dOddOddOd:J

Paying it forward is always a beautiful thing. Thumbs up to you Dan and the Mrs. Lisa as well. I second the motion to have a camcorder set up to catch the moment. Heck.......I'll even mail you my camcorder if you don't have one, just to see his reaction when the time comes!!

Kudos to a man I've long admired.

Zip

Sounds like you have been a blessing to the man already Dan, just in giving him something to do. Believe me, I've been there. Not that I'm knocking the tractor because that is simply awesome. But I know what its like to be hurt and unable to do much of anything and be bored out of my mind as well.

Well done.