Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shredder Manuel

CVSB10JCS

I recently bought a SHREDDER out of our classified and wondered if anyone has a manuel or how it hooks up or the belt I need. I ran a site search but didnt find anything

If you have the Simplicity model numbers, you can go to their web site and download the manuals for free in a PDF. I'm sure someone will chime in with the model.

B110guy

If it is a Mackissic you will have to download from the Mackissic site. You can get parts manuals but there is nothing there for it on a Simplicity or the Simplicity site. It was an allied attachment.

Jeff,

I don't know what you have available to you out there in Latrobe PA. I checked in my garage, and what I think is the belt for my shredder is a 5/8" x 75" V-belt. My belt was bought MANY years ago at Tru-Value hardware and it is a Stens # V258-075 and was $22.95. Did a Google and found one in Kevlar made by Huskie SKU# 4461753 and it is available from Tractor Supply Co. (TSC) @ 22.99 plus shipping.

Yes it is a very long belt.

The drive hook up is very simular to the one on the older FDTs for tillers, but it does use it's own unique drive and idler pulley system. When using the shredder, it is best to run the tractor engine at 3/4 to FOT. I found it great at pulverizing bark that is laying around after spitting logs. I have a manual around here somewhere. Manufacturer is located in Parkersford PA.

There was two different styles as to the way the shredder connects to the tractor.

Mine uses the rear lift, and some simply hook on under the pivot rod for the lift.

• 4 months later...

I removed the screen and took it to get welded as some of the screen was broken. Still looking for info but there are no tags anywhere