Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

swap snowblower for mower deck on a legacy

RickS

Hi,

I now most of you are more familiar with the older machines, but I need some help with my Legacy.

I am trying to swap the 46 inch snow blower over to my mowing deck. At this point I have removed the blower and sub frame. On the Legacy I still have the lift arm attached to the tractor. I cannot find any way to remove it. That said I don't know if the deck needs it or not. I cannot find any attachment points on the deck for this lift arm.

I am at a loss here so any information you can provide would be a big help.

My lawn is growing and I need to cut it.

Thanks

Rick........

There are two carriage bolts that have to be removed to remove the arm from the bracket attached to the lift cylinder/rocker assembly.

You may have to put some down pressure / weight on the lift mechanism to lower it when attaching the lift chains for the deck.

Brett,

Thanks that was a big help. I was working on a wrong assumption. I thought the lift arm stayed with the tractor. But as you pointed out the lift arm goes with the snowblower.

I will say the blower, mounting system, and deck are very heavy for a Legacy. I don't want to be switching to often.

thanks again Brett, it was a big help.

Rick.........

I only know this because I helped out a couple who needed to change the plow blade to their deck. He had had open heart surgery and couldn't handle it. This was just a few weeks ago, so my learning experience helped your learning experience.dOd