Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ctbow58

6512.5 SIMPLICITY TRACTOR ????????????

ctbow58

MY SON BOUGHT A 6512.5 LAWN TRACTOR THE OTHER DAY, IT LOOKS ALMOST LIKE NEW, BUT WE CAN'T SEEM TO FIND OUT MUCH INFO ON IT, CAN ANYONE TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT IT, LIKE WHEN THEY WERE BLT. AND WHAT ARE SOME OF THE WEAK AND STRONG POINTS OF THIS MODEL, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.?

RayS

Should have been made in 1988 or 1989 if your Mfg. No. is 1691468. That is all I know about them. I never owned a small frame tractor. Motor should be a Briggs 404707 type number 1212-01.

Operators manual

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCyEN8cqJYrE3CGh5kbp796Dq.pdf

Parts manual

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8apHZrE5CGh5kbp796Dq.pdf

Engine parts manual

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/Z6ooABVJ1DajI.pdf

JohnMBerst

Have one with the 6216 hp Briggs. Also a 12.5 twin in my 5200 series. Will cut grass, blow snow and till if needed. Not that many out there, but very dependable for me and does all I ask it. The twins are rather rock solid. Would like to have the hydro version, but have the vari-track.

Chris727

Tom, I had a 6216 (similar machine) and it was a real cutting machine. Sold it at the thresher show a couple years ago.

ctbow58
quote:Originally posted by Chris727

Tom, I had a 6216 (similar machine) and it was a real cutting machine. Sold it at the thresher show a couple years ago. thats good to hear, Ben bought it down off of hwy. y it looks like it has been taken very good care of we put new belts on it and thats all we have had to do to it.

id="quote">
id="quote">

fishnwiz

I have bought and sold several of these over the years....work great and easy to work on.Very dependable tractor.

steve-wis

With mine I blow snow, mow grass, pull a 10 inch moldboard plow (front end weight definately needed!), and run a 32 inch tiller. I have an Allis 810GT, same as the 6010, and it is my primary worker tractor. It does all I ask it to do. the 6200 series have the variator drive which is nice for snow blowing. They are a small frame tractor, but very well built. Only thing I won't do with it is a front end loader, but a small power bucket would work great.

Simplicity1988

Hey Steve, 

I just purchased a simplicity 6512.5 I am searching for some attachments for this, but having a hard time finding anything online for used attachments. Thank you!

DEE84FD4-EDE6-494B-A5AE-F082D9A6C16E.jpeg

Edited by Simplicity1988