Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

5008 with Revitalizer

simplewrench

I have the opportunity to buy a 5008 with a deck, snow blower, tiller and revitalizer for $350. The tractor seems to be in descent shape, unfortunately someone painted the hood and painted over the decals. Anyway, for those who have a revitalizer or are interested in what they do. I was investigating and found a very interesting article linked on Mytractorforum.com I wanted to share it with you. http://www.grounds-mag.com/mag/grounds_maintenance_cutting/Excellent information. Check it out, good tractor nerd reading.

GetAttachment4.jpg

GetAttachment6.jpg

GetAttachment4.jpg.9e7208815d270b5f8f675fef4a96ad9b.jpg

GetAttachment6.jpg.e642ca04ff77595e9d0f2ada644efe40.jpg

OHHHH I'm beginning to hate you:D:D

I've wanted a Revitlizer for some time now but in this neck of the woods they never come up for sale.

Nice find and it looks to be in pretty darn good condition!

Ken

Sorry kenh, the kicker is the guy called me. (I bought a 65 Broadmoor from him stuck in gear, he had it half torn apart but couldn't get the hub off the axle so he gave up. Screw driver though the upper inspection hole did the trick.)

The small frame revitalizers generally go for the $100-125 range around here. They work great, just as well as the large frame. Seems like a good package price.

As far as the article, I use ours every year in the spring, and they do an excellent job of deep cleaning thatch and prepping for over-seeding if we need to. Cut before use, after use, it's cut and vac up the thatch.

I would say the package is well worth the asking price.

Someday, I want to upgrade my Serf to one of those.

Well I made the 185 mile round trip to pick up the 5008 and attachments.

50082.jpg

Th tractor and deck have pretty cruddy repaint jobs over the decals, but all of the other attachments are in good shape not much use by the looks of it.I will probably get the tractor running good and sell everything but the revitalizer.Thinking I might mount that on my Grandpa's Yeoman.

50082.jpg.4c435428f04ee594621629aa8fcf58fe.jpg