Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New toy...

plastikosmd

Well, back to my usual ways, the unusual!

T340 crawler with Drott loader. I will also be adding a rear pto and 3 point when I locate them. This is the crawler version of the IH340 tractor. Nice little crawler, big enough to do some work but small enough that I can still haul it. Tho I think I need a bigger tranny cooler.

67c1672c6b6ce1d9249b2c2e7688199f_zpsab7383f1.jpg

0c0f16cd483c9679e328e0df6cad027c_zpsddab4110.jpg

92f975dd9030f07badfb011c506363ad_zpsbfd67b26.jpg

6fe26141bd348bf806559c898d721ef9_zps1e8f4763.jpg

612b6381f38631d9bec0f5ee5641c3af_zpsa03dfc49.jpg

That is a huge load for the ol' Ford to be towing. Nice unit but you are definitely pushing the tow envelope there.

I always loved the look of the crawler loader. The drott is just plain cool looking, I agree. The plan was to get a skidsteer, I just couldn't get excited about a skidsteer. This was way cheaper, I agree it will be slower and will require tinkering but for me, a much more fun choice.

The ford had all the power to handle it ( did a nice burnout with it on there!) good trailer brakes and rear had plenty of spring left but the tranny ran at 250deg, too warm. I have to get a bigger cooler. Even with the Deere on there it runs at 235, no trailer it is at 170 or less. It is almost too cool without trailer, soon as trailer added she climbs. Trailer alone takes it to 200 or so. I will have to figure somethin out

That big 4-in-1 bucket will do some serious work! How's the undercarriage - the cleats look pretty worn, or they were never aggressive to begin with...

Pads are great, uc is reasonable. Tho plenty of adjustment left. For a farm machine it will be great. I will probably still do some work on it tho. The loaders don't have any grousers, the dozers do. I think it is a weight vs traction thing?

lol, got 50 acres of test spots. if I run out I will give you a call!

Not mine but a cool look at the power of this small crawler. Dozer as a jack, idle speed

Super nice shape! Even though its not a Cat I wonder if that color is old or new Cat yellow, looks right.

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

That is a huge load for the ol' Ford to be towing. Nice unit but you are definitely pushing the tow envelope there.

id="quote">
id="quote">ITS A FORD!! Built FORD tough! :D

Lol, when I left the guy' s house he said he could hear me for about 3 min. She is loud and obnoxious.

I think old cat yellow.

Had a good day with woods Allis, was grading the drive with the york rake behind the b12. Last time I did that I lost the bgb. Neighbor commented the old girl looked like it was well used. 3 engines, 2 bgb, 2 transaxles, and that is just my usage. I love that old Allis

• 2 weeks later...

Is the PTO the same as a 340? I know a guy that has a T340 with a blade. His has an engine out of a 504 International. No Power Like Red Power!!!!

The 340 crawler and tractor are quite interchangeable. I don't know much about the pto in regards to the two. My crawler and many of the loader machines just have a rear access panel plate. The plate is removed and using the shaft included the pto or a winch is bolted on as self contained units. Now I want to find a 3pt hitch

Well, made a deal on another! I found a td340(diesel). The tracks are great, maybe 20% wear, I can barely feel a groove on bushings, front idlers are great, the rear sprockets are more worn than mine. Rollers about the same, some are tight others shot so can exchange good/bad ones on mine to make a full set. The motor has not run in 10 years but ran like a top when parked. It sat for 10 yrs so the surface of the pads on the ground could use some touch up. He parked it due to loosing power to left track. It may be simple but I was mainly wanted parts.

adc35046c45971ce5cf4db922203dd58_zps13892694.jpg

Well the td above is sitting on the driveway now. First a good bath then I will start removing the loader. I will keep the hoses/rams/controls but don't need the bucket/frame etc. I don't suspect I will ever break the other. Someone may need a drott setup, we will see. Then into the garage for uc takedown and an attempt to get the motor going and explore the drive issue on the left. I will also trial fit the pto before mounting on the other. Counterweights look heavy. Not sure what I will do with them. As my plan is to put a 3point on or fast hitch when I can locate one, maybe a custom carrier for one of the 2 weights.

You might have to go with a 3 point. I dont think a fast hitch will bolt on to one, but I could be wrong on that. I know they made after marker fast hitches for Hs and Ms and Supers.

I thought a fast hitch was on the 340's?

I don't know much about these. My search for a 3 point has been slow. One would figure that there would be junkyards around that I could at least adapt one, no luck thus far .

well the TD is now steam cleaned, ready to go into the garage to start the parts teardown. Too bad the rollers were not rehabbed earlier as they wore against the pin bosses/pins, otherwise a great track. still not a deal breaker as the other has similar wear. I will rebuild the rollers and get them running straight. I am sorta new to roller rebuilding so it should be fun. I may even be able to make a full set using both machines without much rebuilding. I am not sure where the side of the rails is suppose to run or if it should touch the rollers at all. I cant imagine it should (hence boss wear) but where is the lateral pressure suppose to be (too keep track running true (side to side over rollers)? Maybe a ring inside the roller like the top guide shown? Boss wear isn't as bad as it appears as the dark area below paint is still there, just paint gone. Track seems plenty good for an around the house machine once I rework the rollers, swap idlers etc. Just no turning these pins in the future. (I doubt 60 hrs a year will ever get me close to needing to do that with 2 sets of track)

c18dbc2a72be626861164d22efbbc8de_zpsd87955fa.jpg

1d8965cba4ad573af96ac171089fafa1_zps2826f58d.jpg

ea61e537145af86759530ae88ed8f3a3_zps384307ea.jpg

Ok, thx. Hookup shouldn't be that different as tractors are about the same, I would guess. Now just to locate something. I may just try and find cat1 arms and fab one up. I wish there were junkyards to pick though