Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RandyBuxton

B10 throttle/choke cable routing help

RandyBuxton

I need to know the routing of the throttle and choke cables for a late model B10. FWIW, its a dual control on the dash. I recall that the throttle cable came from the bottom,,, unlike my son's B110 which comes thru the bracket on the top.

Wondering how the cables are routed through which holes in the "firewall" and also which hole on the choke the cable is attached to.

Pictures welcome!

Thanks.

Talntedmrgreen

Should be a slight indent in the side of the firewall, near the breather/filter, where they can squeeze through between the firewall and where the dash bolts to the firewall at it's forwardmost position.

RandyBuxton

There are two holes in the "firewall" that look like they're about the size of a cable to go through. Are those for that purpose? Also, there is a small clamp on the throttle cable with a nut and bolt attached. I can't figure out where that little clamp attaches to.

If anyone has a pic of a B10 in the vicinity of the governor and throttle cable connection that would be great.

Almost done with this B10 project!

rokon2813

Should be a small notch in the bottom of the side cover. That is where the choke cable comes through.The throttle comes through between the lower front corner of the dash, and the upper corner of the side panel. I usually put that clip behind the side panel, on the upper bolt.In this pic it would come through in the "triangle" formed by the side panel, breather and lift handle. The throttle would then loop up to near the top of the hood and back down right behind the muffler in this pic.You can just about see them both.

ac_b-10_late.jpg

ac_b-10_late.jpg.73e818e705750d336f766412db0ccd64.jpg

RandyBuxton

Okay. Very good. So the throttle cable does not come up from the bottom then. I remember reading somewhere along the way that the cable could be routed alternatively from the top down or bottom up.

I will try the routing from top down and see how that works.

Thanks!

GLPointon

Randy both my B tractors have the choke low and the throttle cables run thru a clamp along the top of the side by the gas tank then down thru another clamp on the top of the carb/intake elbow...If it went thru the "notch" the cable would kink on mine. maybe there is 2 ways..?

GLPointon

I found this pic on a Simpletractors page, you can see the throttle cable thru the clamp I was trying to describe above...

power.jpg

power.jpg.f184f3a461af3611b0ae399e3c3c920a.jpg