Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower deck for a 6516 tractor

02trike

Hello all again, my 1st 6516 is complete, running and cutting grass very well. Now I've decided to finish the #2 6516 or parts tractor I purchased to complete #1 tractor. My biggest question is do I have to stay with the (3)mowers listed for this tractor or can I use any simplicity 42" or 48" mower and how much trouble will I run into?

The (3) mowers listed are #1691423 a 42", #1691425 a 48" and 1691736 also a 48", I've done some looking locally (Greensburg,Pa.) and have found others but not one of these three. Should I just keep looking for one of these three or can some of the others work without too much trouble or expense? Thanks in advance.

The 6516 48" deck is the same as on a 6216, although a different part no. (1690709). The Parts Manuals have identical pictures and a lot of the same component part no's. for the decks, such as the housings. Some belts and rods have different part no's., but I don't know if that is because the sizes are different or if the part no's. have changed because the 6516 is a newer model.

I have a project 6516H stashed behind a bunch of project 6216s in a garage somewhere, so I'll have to do some digging to make measurements and let you know later. When I bought the 6516 years ago, I was surprised to learn that it was NOT a 6216 after test riding it--everything was the same. The 6216 is 800 Series and the 6516 is 1800 Series. Whatever the leading "1" means, that's the difference, which, I suspect, is nothing. I'm sure the club historians will know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info. I have a chance to buy a 1690273-42" mower at a fair price it also looks the same but I wonder how much trouble it will be to hook it up to my 1691263 6516h tractor. Does any know please respond.

Do you have a mower and mower lift mechanism for the 6516 you have and how much?

Thanks, John

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone again, it's been (11) day since the above question or request and I'm not sure of what the next step or correct procedure is so I'm reposting a similar ad or request because I still need a mower deck for my 6516 tractor. According to the computer the (3) most likely mower decks that will fit with no major changes are:

model #1691423 = 42", #1691425 = 48" & #1691736 also a 48" I'm sure there are many others that with some changes will work and I'm hoping that some of you brainiacks or very experienced people can help me out. Please give it some thought and email me with some good news. I also need the lift mechanism for the mower deck. Thanks John

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I've been dismantling a 6211 to get to the 6516.

My cursory review of my rolling stock tells me that the 6516 hook-up is the same as for the 6211 and 6216. I have a 42" deck and lift that you can have for free.

I prefer the 48" deck because it takes 14% less time to mow, but it is a bear to navigate around trees, etc., and heavier to attach and detach than it was 10 years ago. The 42" deck is a compromise, depending on your lawn size and topography (I just threw in "topography" to make me sound like an expert).

I'll be out your way in early August, if you can wait that long. I'm also dismantling a 6216, so now is the time to order your parts.

To wilm169 and msjfc thank you for your response. Being new at this and not a computer wiz I thought all responses came thru my email because some have so that's why I haven't responded earlier.

How do I find out what your email addresses are or a phone numbers so I can get in touch with you or do we only communicate thru this media? msjfc I am thrilled that you are willing to give me the deck and lift but where do you live and how do I get in touch with you.

Thanks,

John from Greensburg. ;)

Anywhere in the club, if you clic on someones user name, it will bring up their profile, and you can see where they live, and there is a place there to send them an email or a PM (private message)

Sorry I can't help with the deck problem but Welcome to the club :D

Thank you rokon2813 since my last entry I have found out how to do just what you have explained above, thanks for your response. I am a little slow when it comes to computer workings but this old dog can learn new tricks.

Thanks again.