Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

Whadayathink it is?

Brettw

Picked this up along with a Sunstar deck. Guy said it came with the tractor and he has never used it. Believed it was some type of a rear lift. His Sunstar was set up with dual spools and hydro handles. Does anyone know what it is, other than a hydraulic widget?

sunstar deck 002.JPG

57e058244f0db_sunstardeck002.JPG.382078d8ce4fcd7247912f2fd9de7dc8.JPG

Brettw

Seriously. Does anyone know what this is for? I can see where the two pins would fit into the rear frame of the Sunstar, but what about the ram?

This assumes of course it actually IS for a Sunstar.

rokon2813

Brett, I don't know anything about Sunstars, but would the cylinder mount to the top link mount for the 3 point?

Brettw

I should rephrase my question: I can see what this is used for, as Ron said, to lift and move trailers. I am wondering if it is a retail attachment of some flavor, or a home-made custom contraption, and, if you have a Sunstar, does it look like it would work or fit?

It may be for some completely different tractor/unit. I should be able to make something out of it, sell it if someone can use it, or turn it into a boat anchor. It must weigh more than 50#'s

Brettw

OK. So the consensus is: Rear (or front, who knows?) lift. Rod and Mike believe it's home made. Not sure if it is for a Sunstar or not.

So, a hydraulic ram of 1-1/8" rod, 12" stroke, quick connects and 8' hoses. Cross bar with heavy pins. 2" ball setup. In other words, a really nice hydraulic cylinder attached to a really heavy duty widget.

Time to hit the classifieds and see what kind of offers there are for hydraulic widgets. :o)