Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Beyond Frustrated

AC82

Needless to say I'm having a rough week. With the weather being so wet this spring I am way behind in planting my 1/2 acre pumpkin patch. I have been trying to find time to work ground and keep ahead of my yard that has been growing a foot a day. Murphy just keeps giving me set backs!

Saturday:

While plowing I had a wire short out and burnt up the charging system in my 716.

Tuesday:

While setting up my pumpkin planter the rear differential went out of my B10.

AND

Thursday:

While on my first pass mowing the engine in my Landlord DLX started knocking and came to a screeching halt and will now barely turn over. It ran for all of 2 minutes before this happened.

I don't wish this kind of luck upon anyone!

On your 710 , all you need the battery for is starting and you can get a quite a few starts B 4 a good battery gives out. At least you can get stuff done and still beat some of your demons down.

the wires on my landlord burn last fall and i just put put it on the charger when im done. can get 20+ starts. i thought i broke a axle or diff the other day when plowing some really hard ground but it turned out the collar that holds the axle in had came loose and when the gear came apart it made a really bad snap noise and stopped. just had to jack up push it all together and tighten the collars. i hope its just something easy.

tractor.jpg

this is were she stopped had to get a tow to get the plow out of the ground.

tractor.jpg.d773436461e134e174eb53f86df861e6.jpg

Your problem can be solved very easily. BUY MORE TRACTORS! Then you will always have a spare....;)

Well here is an update. Still to much rain to get in the field. So I've had some time to work on the issues.

I pulled the differential hub off the B10. Turns out that all 6 roll pins were sheared off which separated the hub from the gear. Was able to get all the pins out and get the hub back together. So my planting tractor is back in business!

As for the Landlord DLX, I just brought home a cheap donor tractor with 20HP Kohler Command and a bad hydrostat. If it rains tomorrow AGAIN I'll dig into the engine swap.

I hope my luck is moving in the right direction!

quote:Your problem can be solved very easily. BUY MORE TRACTORS! Then you will always have a spare....id="quote">
id="quote">

Ahhhh. Ever so wise and profound guidance, from the most noble and respected, Mr. Kenny.

quote:Originally posted by goatfarmer

Your problem can be solved very easily. BUY MORE TRACTORS! Then you will always have a spare....;)

id="quote">
id="quote">My wife didn't think your comment was nearly as funny as I did!P.S. I am working on it! I drug home a barn find HB-212 2 weekends ago. I gotta go through the engine on it but I think it'll make a great workhorse!

Originally posted by Brettw
quote:
id="quote">Thank you, Brett, I always try and instill my guidance and wisdom where needed.:)

The problem with buying parts tractors is once you get them home you get to looking at them and start to think....I can fix that! Thus this leads to more parts tractors.

quote:Originally posted by cschmidt62

The problem with buying parts tractors is once you get them home you get to looking at them and start to think....I can fix that! Thus this leads to more parts tractors.

id="quote">
id="quote">....and the problem is???

quote:Originally posted by cschmidt62

id="quote">
id="quote">I have never been able to drag home a "parts tractor." If most of the tractor is there, it's getting fixed!

Originally posted by goatfarmer
quote:
id="quote">The problem is it leads to fifty some-odd machines sitting around and only two that are useable:(