Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early B10 lives again!

B110guy

No pictures, but I'm tickled to death. Wrong engine, no seat or hood, wrong grill, needs a battery and the S/G and gas tank were borrowed off the 101. Pulled the engine to check a no spark. All was clean and good so I borrowed the Nova 2 from my B110 and had spark. Threw the engine back in and hooked up the battery charger. After a little cranking, she popped right off. Seem to have the choke hooked up backwards and I have zero throttle response, but she sounds good. I have a parts list of things I need as long as my arm, but for now I'm going for bare functional so I can re-gasket my B110 engine.

B110guy

You have your work cut out for you but sounds like a good foundation for a real nice tractor..looking forward to seeing it back up in tip top shape!

Bit of an update. Had to pull the gas tank off of my B110 as the one I stole from the 101 sprung a leak. Tried mowing the lawn, but she'd only run about 3,000 and didn't have any power. Fixed that and now have her running around 3,500. Mowed the lawn again holding the throttle open as it wants to drift to about half. Clutch is grabby and the snap ring is missing on the steering shaft so every time I'd start moving, she'd lurch and the steering would come out of the gears. Never knew where the wheel would be when I got going. Still no seat, so spending an hour mowing was a real "treat". Had to quit when she decided she didn't like the deck belt I was using (wrong size anyway). Formulating a list of needs. Hood, grill, grill shroud, seat are the big 3 I'll need used. Steering needs a complete rebuild and I'm sure the carb needs a good cleaning. Having so much fun with these things, I might sell my Country Clipper ZTR.

B110guy

Ain't these things fun?:D Should have seen the one that spare trans came out of.sm00 I mowed and plowed garden with it, it was poorly "modified" by a PO but still worked harder than any box store piece of crap I've had in the past.