Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Scratched the Itch for a project machine

Talntedmrgreen

I've been watching for something that would be an easy fix, and have a 12 nice running horse Briggs I need to pick up in Osenga-land that was planned for a project machine, if needed. This one was local and cheap and I'm thrilled...this will be my first Homelite, first Shuttle and first 3400 series. The PO says it lost spark. I wished he had stopped there, but he pulled the Briggs, dash and wiring all loose. It's a bit of an electrical mess, but the machine appears very mechanically sound, and is in real good shape.

20130526_131440.jpg

20130526_131417.jpg

20130526_131425.jpg

p><p>Been a local machine, all it

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/20130526_131636.jpg' alt='20130526_131636.jpg'>

Trailer pic for Mark! 20130526_131409.jpgI've been looking for a 42" RBT deck as well, and this one is in great shape.

c8503a44-64b8-438a-b3fc-d52fc2156abd.jpg

Not sure how well it cut though...

20130526_192209.jpg

Nice looking homie you have there. And yep that 12hp is sitting on the rack waiting on ya. Was thinking the other day I was like what the heck is the engine there for then the light came on lol.

Blades are on up side down:D. My brother in law did the same thing with his MTD push mower. Said he could never figure out why it was scalping the lawn. He used it for 5 years like that. He brought it to me for maintenance work or a tune up.

The thing was made in 1992. Never had the oil, air filter or plug changed.

Looks like you found a good project!

When you look at the loose engine, and you mentioned a disconnected wiring harness, and the wires at the points cover, and then the blades being installed upside down.........well, some individuals should simply not be allowed near tools.XX(

Hello, I am not glad you got that one,LOL But I My timing was to slow!! Bought it in the city where I live! for $50

OH well!! I know it has found a good Home!!

Ken in Hastings

nice tractor. you going to leave it original paint ?.

I've seen blades like that a time or two sm00. my buddy did that on his moms craftsman. he put one blade on upside down and could not figure out why it was cutting bad . he brought the whole tractor out to me and of course i seen it right away . i gave him some grief on that one ....:D

Yes sir, original paint. The seat pan should clean up and I don't plan to paint it. Resto's on these look fantastic, but it has a nice finish yet. Should clean up nice.Ken, I shoulda figured you ran across it. It was sitting right on M37, south of town with a for sale sign on it for a week before he tried Craigslist, the seller said. I emailed right away, but never heard back, and was busy with family all weekend. Then, around 8am Sunday morning, I received a text (I had emailed him my ph#). He said I was the first message he got on it, and wanted it gone by noon...and so, it was! ;)Plucked the engine today, as well as the shot battery and gas tank. Cleaned out a mouse house, and reconnected wiring to the dash components and reasembled the upper dash. The Briggs doesn't feel like it has compression. We'll have to look into that later. If I pop the head and find a stuck valve or leaky gasket, I'll clean it up and try a 12V ignition. I've never farted with an electrical system that involves a solenoid...any tricks?

20130527_084549.jpg

20130527_085234.jpg

20130527_084614.jpg

Nice project Josh dOd A Homelite is on my future "to do" list too.

I have a complete (all terminals labled) 3400 wiring harness if needed let me know

Looks like a pretty good find! There is a homelite T-16 right down the road from me that's been sitting in a field for about 10 years and the guy refuses to sell it. Guess he'd rather see it rust away.

Theres a nice AC buit T16H here but the price is tall for me....always wanted a blue one now theres one a week here!

Curlet Don't give up on it. I waited 5 years before I bought my T16S. the guy was always going to fix it up. I would ask about every 6 months. One day he called and wanted to know if I was still interested, I said yes and 300.00 he said it was mine. came with mower deck, blade, rototiller, and chains. Put seat and a new electronic ignition on it and runs fine. He told me I could not put EI on it, but went to parts place with numbers and they sold me the parts and told me how to do it. Trying to get it repainted and clean up electric wiring now.

quote:Originally posted by curlett

Looks like a pretty good find! There is a homelite T-16 right down the road from me that's been sitting in a field for about 10 years and the guy refuses to sell it. Guess he'd rather see it rust away.

id="quote">
id="quote">