Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is this??

maxtorman1234

quote:Originally posted by maxtorman1234

It's on ebay listed as an "Allis Chalmers 916 PTO Clutch"I know It's certainly not supposed to be on an AC 916. Anybody know what it's off of?

ebay.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLIS-CHALMERS-916-GARDEN-TRACTOR-PTO-CLUTCH-/320764852386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaf1338a2

id="quote">
id="quote">Best to ask the owner where it was once mounted, or the product number of tractor.

Graham, That seller has had several misidentified items. I actually had them blocked from showing up on my searches for awhile. Their feedback is not very good, shipping always seemed way to high and they just didn't seem to be knowledgeable about what they were trying to sell.

I agree with Dan too; looks like an earlier generation Wheel Horse PTO clutch. Definately not Simplicity, IH, Deere, Economy, etc. Color also looks to be WH red.

Tom (PK).

Agree...just a tractor butcher

quote:Originally posted by Mack

Graham, That seller has had several misidentified items. I actually had them blocked from showing up on my searches for awhile. Their feedback is not very good, shipping always seemed way to high and they just didn't seem to be knowledgeable about what they were trying to sell.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Thanks Everyone, I just can't believe how people can misidentify parts so badly, I've seen listings like that before and wondered. And the price is astronomical! Now I look at it a bit closer after reading the replies, and I agree it looks like some sort of wheel horse clutch I've seen before.