Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower deck belt tensioner bearing

OrangeMetalGuy

Can this be lubed? On the 48" deck I am doing it is smooth but feels dry. Can these be packed or do I just need to get a new one?

Not gonna be much OEM left on this one except the shell!

Most idlers aren't serviceable. However, if you want to keep that particular idler, I have drilled out the rivets, replaced the bearing and used some solid rivets I had from a sickle mower. I was in a big jam one weekend and the owner wanted his machine back. So far it has held together well.

Scott,

I have successfully (over the years) used this type of grease gun injector needle to prolong sealed bearings' life (especially these pricey rivetted together idlers). Just be careful with the sharp tip when "catching" the inner race/seal lip so as not to accidently cut or damage it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-9-766?seid=srese1&gclid=CJLu-ObauLcCFUyY4AodJSAALA

Cheers,

Tom (PK)

Mine just completely locked up on saturday... locked solid... squeeling belts... $17 at tractor supply to replace.