Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mbinwi

Broadmoor 738

mbinwi

My son and I came across a bunch of stuff from a guy my son works with. Some of the bigger items:

2, yes two, Broadmoor 738 tractors,

3 mower decks.

2 snowblower attachments.

1 complete 8 hp Briggs.

boxes and piles of misc stuff, not gone through yet.

Tractor #1, 738, with an 8 hp Briggs, and electric starter, runs excellent, after motor, flywheel, mag., and carb cleaning. The motor is in the 193 model series, with a 91 series code number. I think this is a transplant. Looks professionally done. One problem, it's stuck in gear, I think 1st gear. Can't find a reverse, and I drove it around the yard yesterday, shifting in every gear I could find, still stuck in first with no reverse.

Tractor #2, 738, 8 hp Briggs with the starter / generator. This motor is in the 195 model series, and a 95 series code number. Looks original. Motor and carb all cleaned up, but no power coming through the solenoid, So, if and when the rain stops today, I'll take the one out of tractor #1, and try it in #2. Our goal is to get one of them up and running for a mower for the son.

I really like that articulated or rotating frame, I bet the mower decks follows the ground real nice.

I'll post some pics when the rain stops. I still have that 725 waiting in the back yard. I gotta get the downstairs bathroom done or I'll be sleeping with my tractors.

Mike.

goatfarmer
quote: I gotta get the downstairs bathroom done or I'll be sleeping with my tractors.

id="quote">
id="quote">

I imagine worse things could happen.....:P

Brettw

There is a "bent screwdriver" trick for the stuck transmission. Do a search and you will find some answers.

Those are great tractors and do an awesome job of cutting grass. Bulletproof as far as build. Sounds like a good find. Good luck!