Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bevel gear box, what fits ?

Tarheel

I have a guy's 916H (7100?) in my garage. The PTO clutch is bad, the pulley on the BGB for the hydro is shot as well as the shaft its self. And there is play in the input shaft. It leaks at every seal as well.

Instead of building his, I thought about replacing it from one of the parts donor machines I have. The easiest would be a 3400 I believe was a gear drive.

Anyone know if there will be fit issues ? I do have a 7100 H but its rolling and I hate to make it otherwise until I have to. The 3400 is halved already.

Per Rays a long time ago.

No it is not the same and no they are not all the same. On the FDT`s the variable speeds have a longer cross shaft. The Vickers and the straight 3 speeds are the same in the FTD`s.

The BGB`s from the 3400 series to the last Sovereign made are the same. Hydros, shuttles and 6 speeds.id="red">

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• gwiseman
    • oldsarge
    • StanD
    • TheFlash300
    • Darl Swartz
    • Tarheel
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts