Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lever to cable lift sickle conversion

GregB

I plan on converting my Model 210 manual lift sickle to a cable lift.Using Dutch's build article as a model.But what I do not know is what the height of the Spring mount brakcet is off the casting. Also do not know the mounting location of the lift cable.Can anyone snap some pics and throw ruler in the pic, or numbers?

dutch.jpg

Greg, I built one for mine.

What I did was just mount the sicklebar on the tractor and go from there. The locations of the pulley and the other parts become obvious then. There was only one place that the pulley could sit on the frame and work. I did the other parts from the pictures and they actually only fit good in one position also.

The parts that I built can be seen in this post about my B112:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=119266&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=B112

Thanks for the link Rod.

Surprised that I had actually contributed thru the thread.

I figured the modification would be a little bit of "seat of the Pants" Engineering.

And mentioning engineering, my Eagle Scout son who just graduated from Pitt will be in Fredricksburg next Tuesday interviewing for a position with Dominion Power for an Electrical Engineering job they have open. :D:D:D

Greg, that is interesting, since my oldest son who was laid off from BAE a few months back because of government cutbacks, is also interviewing with Dominion on Tuesday. He has an associates degree in electronics.