Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Roller Suppliers

landlord2110

Here is the product number and price quotes from Bob, at Yates rubber products.

12243-5P $10.00 each 12 inch, 5/8" arbor 2-1/2" diameter

9243-5P $9.00 each 9 inch, 5/8" arbor 2-1/2" diameter

Again, these are solid and can be cut to length. Don't buy this off of e-bay, go direct to Bob at Yates, and the costs will be reasonable.

Question for those using the solid rubber rollers: are there any issues with binding, either to the bar or to the side washers? Do you use any type of grease to lubricate them and what's compatible?

Gordon,

In my opinion, I think no lubrication of the rollers is warranted. The point being, the axel/rollers operate in a nasty wear environment due to dust, soil, sand, etc. If you were to grease them, that would only make things worse in that grease would trap more of the abrasives while mowing. To minimize the long term wear, maybe flush out the rollers/axel with the garden hose every so often. Since these Yates rollers have full length contact on the axel, the wear should be less over time than the original Simplicity ones which only used like 1.5" long bushings on the ends of each roller. Taking one of these roller bars apart usually has major deep wear signs where the bushings were riding.

My 2 cents worth of opinion....

Tom(PK)

The Yates rollers have a nylon insert. They are solid rubber, but they do have the nylon sleeve throughout. I had been using mine for a few years with no issues or need to lubricate.