Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rickf

720 / powermax with loader 'simple' questions

rickf

I was wondering about two issues for normal operation of the 720 with the loader on it.

First is the Hood doesn't really want to tip open and stay open with the loader on it. Seems like this tractor is still fairly new to me, so I'm under the hood checking things out frequently. But with the loader on, the hood won't tip all the way forward (stay up) unless the bucket is way overhead (which sounds like a terrible idea). What do you do if it's parked with the loader on and the battery is dead? Unbolt it? or even just filling the tank, I have to prop the hood up somehow. Just wondering if that's the typical restriction. Typical ark loader here.

Other one is the exhaust is pointed right at where the flexible hose is on the loader, and mine looks tweaked a bit so it's actually closer to the exhaust... Has a heat sleeve on it that's seen better days, but I guess this is also the typical setup?

Fun little tractor to mess around with. Rick

PGL

If you are going to be under the hood for long, it's probably easiet to just put the bucket down and detach it with quick release pins and replace them when finished.