Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bigdog46

Kohler KT19 Connecting Rods

bigdog46

I just acquired a Simplicity 7119H with a tired Kohler KT19 Series 2 engine. I have it torn down and the connecting rods have a part number of 5205910. I think they are for .010 undersize crank as they have a small hole drilled thru the rod near the part number. Does anyone have knowledge of this part number and is it indeed for a KT19 ? They look just like a KT17 rod to me but I thought the KT19 rods had a different shape to them (not straight) so they had a longer stroke. I have not been able to find any info on it. My suspicions are that the engine was rebuilt as a KT17 since connecting rods for the KT19 were difficult to get. Thanks.

maxtorman1234

Hey, the KT19 and M20 engines have a thicker beam section, are angled as opposed to straight, and have larger crankpins and wrist pins. The numbers on the rods are typically not kohler part humbers, Normally, the cranks don't need to be ground, but it does sound as if they are .10 under as you mentioned. The throw on the crank is different, so the stroke is longer, I believe the rod lengths are close to the same.

There are 7 M20 rods on ebay for cheap ($30each)

They will fit Kt19 also, the part # is 52-067-72

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-kohler-rod-m20-mv20-010-under-part-52-067-72-/161022189105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257dab9e31