Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
buckdan

fuel filter

buckdan

I have Deutz Allis 1920, 1691020, with a M20. Why is there no inline fuel filter? Or is it hidden somewhere, cause I cannot find it.

RayS

Simplicity was good for putting screens in the tank instead of inline filters. Atleast on the Sovereigns class. Not sure about Sunstars or equivalents. Maybe the original owner removed it when replacing a fuel line.

RayS

I break off everyone I get and install an inline filter. I am not sure if there is one in your tank. I would have to look at the parts manual. If you are not having a flow issue I would just install an inline filter.

Dan123

The sunstar does have a fuel filter or at lease the one I have does. I replaced one just forward of the hydro cooler. The fuel is gravity fed to the carb so be careful where you place the filter as not to cause a up hill climb for the fuel. I have an 3012V that has no filter on it and yesterday I hit a rough area and shook some stuff up and has caused a piece of crud to get stuck in the needle valve on the float. Now I have 2 jobs to do instead of just 1.

Dan

buckdan

Thanks everyone for the information. I'll install the inline fuel filter as Dan pointed out, just forward of the hydro cooler. I would feel better if I know my fuel is being filtered, rather than relying on a screen that I cannot see or have quick access to.