Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dhoadley

replacement ignition switches

dhoadley

I would like to replace the ignition switch on my Regent 4108, model #1690281. I come up blank at "Jack's" and Google. Any ideas? Thanx, Dave

dhoadley

I pulled the switch off this afternoon and I'll swing by my local dealer tomorrow. I didn't think they would still be available but it looks fairly ordinary. (though that can be deceiving) ;)Thanx, Dave

allis579

A couple of weeks ago I bought a used switch on Ebay for #13.00, when I got it, it didn't work. While searching again I found brand new ones for $11.00, free shipping. So now I have a new 1. Bob

DanD

I think you have the model number of your tractor incorrect. It comes up with nothing at both Jack's and simplicitymfg.com. Double check your model number. I'm sure your ignition switch is available new. I bought a new switch and some other parts just a couple of weeks ago for a Sovereign from SEPW.

dhoadley

I'm pretty sure I copied the numbers down correctly. The entire plate read "1690281 006345". The engine reads "Model 191707 type 0686-01 code 77060311". I'll go double check the tractor # soon. Thanx, Dave

rich_kildow

I've bought switches for other mowers off ebay by matching the post pattern (number of male spades and orientation) off the pictures and/or wiring diagram. If you strike out on everything else, pull your old switch and sit down at the computer with it.

DanD
quote:Originally posted by BLT

How about 1690261? That is all I could find.

id="quote">
id="quote">I'll bet that's right..that is for a 4108 tractor. If so, the ignition switch is part number 2178280SM and is $12.20 at Jacks.

dhoadley

Bob, You're right, it is 1690261. Getting one through my local Simplicity dealer. I like supporting the little guy, even if it costs me a couple bucks more.