Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
huffy

Care packages - updated 6-15-13, with pics

huffy

Received a few care packages for my Sunstar from Yukon and Ray recently. The rear lift kit came from Yukon, and the one-point hitch from Ray. I'm missing the little part from the hitch kit that connects the lift rod to the lift cylinder, and have to order it, but once it gets here I'll be ready to get it all installed. Then I've just got to get some new rear tires and I'll be ready to see how it handles the moldboard plow and rear grader blade.

photo.JPG

By the way, for those of you that haven't had the pleasure of seeing Ray's fab work up close, like everything else I've seen him make that hitch looks better than factory. His welds are always smoother than I could run a bead of caulk.

photo.JPG.0d07cd4e9d07193cb94cbace831e548a.JPG

Talntedmrgreen

What fun could that machine be, for pulling a plow? You won't even know it's back there &:)

GLPointon

I cant wait to see it all done! Those are the most awesome tractors...right up there with the Powermax & Legacy sm01

huffy

Well, the parts that I ordered from Jack's arrived yesterday, so I finally got around to installing the hitch this afternoon. Thanks to Yukon for prividing the lift kit, Ray for providing the hitch, and Dan for providing the stop plate!

hitch done.JPG

57e05e6c200cc_hitchdone.JPG.bfcec1e2103c1f9d9130bbf89565529d.JPG

Dan123

Glad to see it coming together. I would like to see how the moldboard plow connects to your tractor. I have a sunstar and a moldboard but never thought of putting the two together. I would like to see pics when you get it all set-up.

Dan

GLPointon

I got a large plow sitting here for a Powermax. I wonder if it could be hitched to a Sunstar too. I think it's a 12" ??

huffy

The only potential problem, I think, is that I believe the 12" Powermax plows were for a 3 point hitch. I can't put a 3 point hitch on my SS with the engine speed rear PTO I found, or at least that's my understanding. Maybe I'm wrong on that, though.

Talntedmrgreen

Think a 12" will pull well if hitch via sleeve hitch? I don't see why not, and converting would probably be pretty simple.

huffy

I'm sure it would convert easily. The SS hydro lift doesn't float, though, that I'm aware of, so I guess I'd have to use the Simplicity chain system.

timflury

I've seen a cat0 3 point hitch with a 12" Brinly plow on it that had a provision for the one point hitch.

If I can pull a 10" plow with a 10hp Landlord, you should have no problem pulling a 12" plow.

Does the Sunstar use a cable to lift the hitch?? If so, you don't really need a float position.

BLT has mentioned to me that on the FDT, it is possible to cut the lift rod and weld in a short length of chain to create a float.

CarlH

The lift lever attaches to the lift rod with a pivot that slides on the rod so the Sunstar lift does float mechanically. You can see the pivot assembly in the picture above.

Talntedmrgreen

Tim, they offered an OEM lift rod with two long chain links for this, on later FDT models, and I think there was a retrofit rod offered for short wheelbase large frames as well. I have one in the shop now, and it's the first I've seen on a short base machine. I've also incorporated Bob's chain adaptation, and it works great!

PeppyDan

I plowed with a 10" plow on one of my Sunstars a few years ago and it is a dream to plow with!8D Mine is a 20hp Magnum with 26x12x12 ag tires and of course power steering and differential lock(though I did not need to use that feature). I could plow at whatever speed I wanted and the dirt would really fly when I opened the hydro up, it no longer was rolling the sod but instead throwing it in a few rowsB).

Dan

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
    • Jay Red
  • Today's Birthdays

1. pitt
      pitt
      (53 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts