Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

canuckkid

AC 916h not running right

canuckkid

Hello there; please bear with my overly long story, as I want to include everything I case someone can point something out with what I've done that I would have overlooked. Okey doke?

I just finished putting the Kohler back in the tractor; I had it out to check the stator as I had a no charge issue. Ended up being a few bad connections, so I put everything back together today and went to start it up.....

Wouldn't start; wasn't getting fuel, so I pulled carb bowl, voila, no fuel. This engine has an electric pump, and I hear it working. So I look under at the needle, and it's stuck in the closed/up position. After very gently pulling it down, I get fuel flow. Great.

Now it starts, but it's over revving and bogging down under load. So I readjust the governor as per the service manual. Seems to do the trick, runs and drives properly. I engage the PTO for the mower, and after 10 seconds of mowing, slows right down and looses power. Now I'm not happy.

Don't ask me why, but as it's sitting there idling, I decide to pull the dipstick, and oil flies EVERYWHERE. It's blowing out lots. So I shut it right off. Now; I did take the valve cover off because it was leaking oil and resealed it when I had the engine out.

SO; I'm wondering, breather, or carb? Or both perhaps? Or something else? What would you do next?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for reading my long winded post. I'm really hoping its something I can get done soon, grass is getting really long!

BLT

Your governor to carb relationship is out of sink , that's why you have no speed control. The governor weights have to closed when the carb throttle plate is at WOT. Then when the engine starts the flywheights jump into action to control the engine speed wherever the throtle lever is positioned. Anything less and the engine has no speed control.