Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ross parts for AC 400

GLPointon

Does anyone know where to find parts (internal bearings) for a Ross steering gearbox? Its in my AC410 and its the same as is used in many J-Deere & Cubs. All I can find (on E-bay) is the external bearing upgrade and a very expensive rebuild kit >$100...All I need is the internal bearings if possible??? Thanks

If you have a spare gearbox, take the old bearings/seals to a good bearing shop. A good shop can match just about any bearing or seal, either from the numbers or by measuring.

My work keeps the 200 Series JD bearing kits in-stock (plastic retainers with ball bearings). They run around $30 for the kit. Any JD AG/Turf dealer should be able to get them.

Thanks guys for the feedback sm01

Chris that sounds like the best hope and more of what I need, the complete rebuild kits on E-bay would be great if not over $100 C...I'll look for a JD dealer

I had found them as a kit from JD for a JD 400 series I believe.... in the time I did not buy, they went NLA. I wish you luck and let us know how you do.

Part # AM31924 is the kit for a JD210 garden tractor. Lists for $37.72 and the warehouse has plenty on hand. I'm not sure how different they may be from yours. I have also purchased some of these through AGCO under Massey numbers too. I will see what those numbers are when I get home.

well, thats great!!... i went back to my JD acct and my "cart" was still there.... poke the red flag... it says my dealer has 0 on hand but "will order"... wow... OK great...

you might want to look at these too while you're there

M43744 SEALING WASHER

M43743 BEARING

M45567 STUD

AM31924 BEARING KIT

also, from the deere drawings it shows only one bearing cage AM31924...

aren't there 2 in there.... ?

at the deere prices that is still almost $80 just in bearings...

no races, stud, seals, or the plastic bushing for the top of the steering column... I know a couple of mine are worn there as well etc... unless a generic source can be found it still sounds expensive!!!! it may be possible the guy on ebay will be the best deal. wow...