Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JohnMBerst

5200 "Power Steering"

JohnMBerst

OK for now typing, photos a bit later. Over the years of reading about modifications to steering, I thought of adding poor mans power steering to my 5212.5 which is dedicated to getting the lawn cut. And this year after new valves, runs very strong and with the addition of the gator blades cuts great. SO while I dreamed of trying this for a few years, and gathering the washers, bearings, reading the articles and purchase of new wheel components, the project has begun. Also a bit of garage head scratching to "engineer" this to fit my series tractor. Rims off last night, spindles at work for some drill and tapping, prep for repainting the wheels, I think by the weekend should be back in business. I'll post some photos of the parts and work in process, for those 4200, 5200 and 6200 folks to "enjoy". Sure hope it all comes together. 8D

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• BLT
    • abu507
    • AllisChalmers716
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts