Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy Hydrualics question

RedbarnRick

Can anyone tell me what kind of hydraulic control valve is used on the lift cylinder? The cylinder must be a double acting cylinder since it does not lower by gravity, you would have to lower the lift with the control valve, or if the deck was on and the pump not running it will lower the lift bar, but without the deck (no weight) on you can't lower it by pulling it down while releasing the foot control.(This is why I'm thinking it's not a single acting,gravity release cylinder) I want to use the same type control valve and cylinder on the rear three point to replace the rod that lifts it, it keeps breaking and there is no down pressurewhich I would like to ad. I found a single spool 3 position with tandem center that is used with double acting cylinders or the same model

Hydraulic 3 way, 2 position directional control valve, lever actuated. Primarily used with single acting cylinders (power up, gravity return). Does anyone know for certain if the cylinder is double acting and which control I would use with the same cylinder that is on the deck lift.

Rick; take a look at the hydraulic cylinder. Double acting has ports at both ends. Single acting has only one hose connection...Dave

quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

Rick; take a look at the hydraulic cylinder. Double acting has ports at both ends. Single acting has only one hose connection...Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks Dave for your information.That's exactly what I thought,it does have two conections,and it should give me some down pressure, I wish the rear hydraulics kit was still available but I think I can purchase all the hydraulics to make it work.

If it is any help, I helped out an older couple who needed the plow removed and the 60" deck put on their Legacy. I could not get the lift to lower either, until I was able to put weight on it. Fought like the dickens to get the deck chains attached. I could not understand why the cylinder wouldn't go down without the weight. Seems it should power down and be nearly impossible to stop.

Yeah Brett, that is a hard deck to hook up on the 2000 -2003 Legacy, The cylinder has to be powered down and the deck raised with the electric motor on the rollers to get the chains on, of course the front has to be attached first.