Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HerbP

solved: cckb erratic

HerbP

The CCKB on my 720 was having issues last year about this time. I had already stocked up on a spare set of ONAN points/condensor so I changed them out but the problem persisted.. Except it was sporadic... Sometimes it would work find and others not... When it wasn't working, there was no power, a lot of backfiring, and just general grumpiness...

Anyway, I dug into it today. Pulled the ignition box off the engine and looked... I discovered the brand new points that I'd bought had a loose center post so they were wiggling all over the place... I put my old points back on and the tractor is back to its normal old self...

RayS
quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

China knockoff stuff sucks!

id="quote">
id="quote">It is all made in China or some 3rd world sweat shop. I am willing to bet 90% of Briggs parts come from China built to their spec`s. Briggs for an example has been over there more than 20 years.