Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
huffy

interesting moldboard plow

huffy

Josh just explained to me that it's homemade; the guy replaced the coulter with a little walk behind plow and replaced the original plow with a potato harvester. So, mystery solved.

The plow looks cool, but this guy's way into outer space with his prices.

rokon2813

Looks homemade to me but what do I know. ;)The frame and adjuster look like Brinly, the "mini" front plow looks like a cultivator shovel in a cable clamp, possibly a copy from an old horse drawn plow. They had them, but were cast iron with a square shank.Now the share, I've never seen anything like that before.

plow.jpg

plow.jpg.eba6382d46ba242a710cb2864000ae77.jpg

Talntedmrgreen

I'm not even sure any of it's homemade, just setup that way...I have seen potato plows like that before, but not on a single bottom moldboard. Neat idea though. The cultivator share looks like early Simplicity walk behind. The round stock and shape is identical to some I've seen pictured on the early walkers, like my '37.

B110guy

Allis made a slat bottom plow for the farm tractors that looks a lot like that. They pulled easier in certain clay and sticky soils. I wonder if someone used some potato digger parts to make a "model" of a real plow.

B110guy

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Jay Red
    • Chris727
    • PhanDad
    • Barnyard
  • Today's Birthdays

1. pitt
      pitt
      (53 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bubba1997

Bubba1997

Searching for a Sleeve hitch and breaking plow and other equipment if price is right and also a deck for a B1 thank you 
      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts