Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10 S/G Belt Again

B110guy

Have what should be the right belt for my B10 (1607323) for the S/G. Went to put it on and it's a solid 2" short.

SG Belt.jpg

Put the same belt on my B110 and it juuuust makes it with the S/G rolled tight to the block. The B10 engine is a 243431, but is a 74 code. Have a second issue with it. Engine base has the oil fill in the block and not the base, so my grill shroud won't fit.

Block issue.jpg

I can pick up the correct base for $25 off of eBay, or should I try to find the right engine? Never going to be a show machine and engine seems good otherwise. This belt thing has me frustrated though. Everything seems to be right, but the belt no worky. Looks short on the B110 too, but it'll at least work.B110Guy

57e0583b35593_SGBelt.jpg.1656579337eba6e0e152b7fad207f8d0.jpg

57e0583bc5a1e_Blockissue.jpg.be5bce2cde0cbc432e73efd7bcf37b1b.jpg

I have just the opposite problem. Just got a new belt from ebay and it's just a tad to long, got the S/G adjusted as far as it will go with the current bracket and it slips trying to turn over the engine.

The pictures lead me to believe the motor is not the original motor. If you are not worried about original motor than I would suggest running to tractor supply or your belt source and find one that fits.

I have done that in the past.

Update. Took a way too long belt to get some measurements. Measured right at 3", so I tried one last time. Got to on, but the S/G id nearly at the tight end of the range. I can live with that. Wish I'd have tried one last time yesterday, I could have mowed the lawn.

B110Guy