Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 310 Tractor incentive program.

fishnwiz

Well, after several weeks of listing my AC 310 with the "STUCK" rear end, I had a few bites and NO SERIOUS takers on my tractor. After the first two weeks I did strike up a conversation with what seemed to be a serious buyer. After several back and forth emails, I could tell that the person on the other end of my emails was a younger person with desires to build the AC into a puller so he could pull with his uncle. The would be buyer "Zach" seemed to be a very polite and nice kid so I asked how old he was...He answered he was 12 years old. Zach explained to me that he was trying to save up a few bucks working on his uncles farm and ask me if I could lower my price a bit and hold it for a few weeks until he could purchase my AC tractor.I could almost hear the excitement in his voice as he emailed me with all of the plans he had for the old tractor. After repeat emails from Zach, and always on the lookout for a new member for this club, I asked him to checkout out our tractor site to see what it was all about. Zach came away with a very good impression of what we are all about. After a few more emails to each other, I decided since I myself did not have a close father figure growing up (Father drank too much) and the fact that I never had any kids of my own and that I had a chance to fuel this young persons interest in our hobby... that I would offer Zach my tractor for FREE! Now seeing as I never had kids of my own and the fact that here I was a 53 year old guy offering a 12 year old I never met a free tractor with the requirements that he join our club and keep me updated on his tractor project, it never crossed my mind that Zach's parents might FREAK OUT. After not hearing from Zach for a few days....I had a feeling I really messed this deal up for Zach and scared the heck out of his folks. Needless to say, I assured Zach that I was not some type of sicko or dangerous man trying to lure a young boy to some strange hobby or site. Zach then confirmed to me that his mom had indeed freaked out that I might be a predator of some type. I then explained to Zach that he could have his parents call me and to checkout our site and my profile to see if I was legit. After a few more days of emails and a great sense of excitement in Zach's emails and the fact that he could not sleep due to his building excitement of getting his hands on his own project tractor...we finally met for the first time when Zach and his uncle showed up to pick up Zach's summer project. I hope to someday get to see Zach do a little pulling with the old Allis tractor and feel good that I had done my part to hopefully keep a young kid on the straight and narrow path for a few more years until he discovers girls!;) Only time will tell if he becomes active on this site and keeps us posted on his progress as I have asked....he IS only 12 years old after all and what the heck do I know about a 12 year old kids interests.

IMG_0003_6.jpg

IMG_0003_6.jpg.7a9deb5e8f9fdd38ea5516493f62718f.jpg

What a nice gesture to help a young person out and give him something to think about that can be a healthy sport. I say you did yourself proud. sm01

That's a very cool thing to have done. You never know how that may change his life or who it may cause to cross his path that could change his life.

That will be something he will remember for a very long time if not his whole life.

Thanks...I messed up and should have snapped a few pics of Zach and his uncle..The excitement on Zachs face reminded me how old I felt when I bought my 1st car...It's a feeling you never forget!

Why do I suddenly feel old?C

Zach...If indeed you do show up on this site...do me a favor and post a pic of you with the old AC...Thanks buddy!

What a great story Mark. That was a nice gesture that will spark an interest...& hopefully a lifelong, fun, honest, clean, educational hobby for a young man... Well done dOd