Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Model V Walk behind

bphillips

I'm a new member here although I have stopped by in the past to research questions regarding my B110. Anyway, I've been wanting a two wheeler for a while, and my Father in Law (heck of a good guy) bought me a model V at a consignment auction. It looks good from 50 feet, but has turned out to be a real pig in a poke. The clutch and engine pulley are all missing, and the throttle cable is missing. The gas tank and bracket look like they are from a Tecumseh, and I'm sure there are other things that aren't right. At first I had hopes of finding parts on ebay, but I'm finding out that Simplicity walk behind parts are not as easy to find as for my FDT. Would anyone have any pictures of these areas of a model V so I can get an idea of what is missing? Would anyone have any suggestions for where to look for parts? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Brett

Definitely check out Ebay. If you have an account with them, post the specific items you're looking for. When they come up for sale, the'll notify you. Also, don't forget the classifieds on this site. People here will treat you right when it comes to price. Good luck with this project.

Also, model V's were 5 hp and 7 hp. Likely then you have a model 14 or model 19 Briggs engine variation.

To me, the tank and tank mounts on those do look very similar to Techumseh, so those may be right.

In the next week or so, I will have a bunch of walker parts, just don't have them sorted out yet, So like Rick said, the classifieds and ebay may do you some good. Sometimes with antique parts, patience is key...

Wow! Thanks for the great welcome. From Rokon's link I was able to get to this: http://www.superxpower.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=SMP#/Simplicity/990004_-_Model_VA%2c_5HP_Tractor/Tractor_Group_-_Parts_List_(3572I05)/10049/20499

From this list, it looks like I'm missing 51 thru 62 and 18 thru 26 as well as item 4 for starters. The rest of the machine isn't too bad, and it's got what looks to be a decent Briggs model 14 on it that has spark and compression. Thanks again for the tips!

Hello Bret,

I have a V and the Montgomery Ward badged Plow Trac version, as well as a few others VA, VC.

The V has a solid axle and dog clutches on the wheel hubs, the VA and VC have a planetary differential with a high/low shifter.

The dog clutches tend to stick and will let themachine freewheel down hill so be carefull when you get it up and running.

I have used McMaster Carr or Grainger for pullys to adapt a kohler magnum 8 onto my Plow Trac (See gallery under my user name)

I may have some usefull bits on a parts machine, but will not have a chance to get to it for a week or two.

Post updates on what you find / still need and I will check back.

Good luck.

Brett,

Welcome to the club!! I have some parts from a simplicity 2 wheel tractor.It is a either a model V or VC without the motor and has the ag tires w/chains that I might also part with. Let me know if

I can be of any help.

John

Thanks again to all who have replied with information and help. I have posted an ad in the Parts Wanted section of the Classifieds with a marked up parts book page showing what I need: http://simpletractors.com/Club2/classDetail.asp?id=20930

My first thought after seeing all that is missing was that I should part it out, but since several of you have offered parts from your parts tractors I'm going to take a stab at getting it going again. If you've offered parts, I'll be getting in touch shortly!

Thanks again!

Welcome to the club..there are a few 2 wheel experts on this site should have the answers you seek. Best of luck on your restore.