Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

This is cool!!

rokon2813

Very cool! My NOS Brush and Log saw was packed the same way, but ithe boys in Port Washington were reading something different that day.

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0213-1.jpg

IMAG0220-1.jpg

My older sister was but a month and two days old there. Me?? I was still 35 months away.:D:D

The Journal was the afternoon paper. The Milwaukee Sentinal was the morning paper.

JFK was alive and in office as well.

When that paper was printed I was 5 almost 6 years old.

I googled that date to see what may have happened and the first post only had this for that day in history (Ringo Starr's tonsils are removed).

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

Wow Tim, I was 35 months away too 1 17 66

id="quote">
id="quote">My parents tell me it was a very snowy early morning on 2/1/1966. :D:D

}:)}:) You're all a bunch of wet behind the ears pups. I started high school that year.:D:D....Dave

quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

}:)}:) You're all a bunch of wet behind the ears pups. I started high school that year.:D:D....Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">About three months B 4 I was married, whose wet behind the ears now?;)

I was just out of Navy Bootcamp and at Treasure Island, San Francisco. in Electronics Technician A School soon to be headed to Viet Nam. Just a couple years ago.

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

:o va va va BOOM!

id="quote">
id="quote">You're nine months late.:D:D

I was already working for Sperry Univac four years, getting ready to move into IT.

• 3 weeks later...

I was disappointed Ringo was going to miss part of the tour! 64 was a great year. It's the year rock 'n roll was reborn.

I was 16 years old working for Howard Johnson's after school and madly in love with a girl that worked there. Wonder where she is now, haven't seen her in 45 years.