Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rick3410

7000 series rear attachments

Rick3410

Can anyone tell me which parts are missing from the rear bracket assembly for attachment installs. I installed a hitch ball but eventually I want to use a tiller. I believe there are components missing here that are not part of the tiller assembly. Help!

3410a.jpg

3410a.jpg.9895b0e8b1bc55d1c620a72989a03f58.jpg

Rick3410

I've got a cable on my spare parts 3410 that laying there over the gear box. I wasn't sure what it went to because that rear assembly is in the same configuration as this one. Is that perhaps the cable you're referring too and would the pulley be located under the seat pan somewhere?

ardisam

When Simplicity built the tractors, they don't put any of the hitches on for the attachments on the tractors. You have to buy the hitches when you get the attachments. There is nothing missing on your tractor right now, you would have to get a sleeve hitch for a tiller.

There is no pulley that goes under the seat pan, the only pulley that they have for it would be under the tractor by the rocker shaft(similar to the mower deck lift cable). Your 3410 might have that pulley already there. If you need a sleeve hitch, I have one you can buy. But, it needs one locking collar that I got off a Deutz Allis that I bought. I can send you pictures if needed.

RayS

rearlift11.jpg

rearlift22.jpg

rearlift1.jpg

Yours is similar to this. This is newer setup with adjusting clevis and cable with threaded rod.Manual below has mfg. no. 990984 which is used on your tractor.http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8cuN4rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq.pdfThis will work as well.http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/jgEBGP_dyO4tG5EPa7mRgtLvBCd6.pdfThey will all work you more than likely do not have the thread clevis and cable on your donor tractor. You will need what they are calling the lift lever bracket.

rearlift11.jpg.a4e4b098e5ffd31f886e845aa7d229b8.jpg

rearlift22.jpg.57b3f6693afe0cb7848d17e42ccfb209.jpg

rearlift1.jpg.01f537d124f17af6cded7684cf17f30f.jpg

RayS

Says he has the cable on a spare 3410. So I assumed he would not need that:D. The rest he will need.

The pulley goes over the rockshaft at the top of the frame.

Kent

LOL, Ray! You were posting pictures of everything missing, while I was asking my question.

Others were talking about only the cable and sleeve hitch, and my thought was "How's he going to lift anything, regardless of how it's hitched?"

Rick3410

I can see that I'm going to need to dig into this. Looks like lots of parts. Maybe there are complete kits available but I doubt it due to age.

RayS

I bet you can still buy it piece by piece but get ready for the second mortgage. If you got the cable it won`t be to bad. Lift lever arms show up on ebay. First and second picture will tell you what you need. You will not need reference number 19 and 25.

rokon2813

I would also look up under the tractor just to see if the pulley is there.

If not, The parts tractor should have it to if it's the same.

mtoney

He dosent need the sleeve hitch unless he wants to use a moldboard plow ect. He just needs that lift group, of which he has the lift cable. The tiller, when he gets one, needs to come with the idler/guide pulleys that mount off to the side just under the rear of the seat pan, the tiller will have the lower mount to go to his exhisting lower mounting points, so only the mounting pins are needed there along with hitch pin clips. If you need a pic of a tiller mounted up. I can put my tiller on my 7116 and take a picture. I leave my idler pulleys on all the time and I also do have the sleeve hitch for my moldboard plow or other rear sleeve hitch implments I can take a pic of. Mike

Talntedmrgreen

Good call out...could save him a potential incorrect purchase. I think a lot of folks call the lift bracket a 'sleeve hitch' when it is not. I see the bracket listed on ebay as a sleeve hitch all the time. The sleeve hitch mounts any generic sleeve hitch style attachment at one point, while the rear lift group mounts a proprietary Simplicity style attachment at 3 points.

mtoney

it might clear, wont know till he gets a tiller and trys to hook up the lower 2 pins. The proper term for the lower bracket should be a sleeve hitch adapter. As the Brinly/Hardy one for the Cub Cadets is called a sleeve hitch adapter. Allowing sleeve hitch style implements to mount to the tractors hitch points. I do highly recommend having a lower bracket, I use mine for a back blade to clear away from garage doors in the winter time, to turn my garden over in the fall with the Brinly moldboard plow and to use that same plow for fun at local plow days. Its unusual to see a Simplicity or Allis actualy plowing at a plow day around here, mostly greenie and yellow/white ones. Mike

Rick3410

Well, I checked my parts tractor and I don't have a cable. There is a chain with an eye bolt termination. No idea what it was used for. Looks like I'll need to do this from scratch. So I guess the best approach is find the attachment then tool to fit.

mtoney

I suggest putting a wanted post in the classifieds of what your looking for and how far your willing to drive. A wanted post over on craigslist will also sometimes do well. I will take pics of my 7000 series tiller set up this week one day. I need to take the tiller idler pulleys off and grease the upper lift anyways. Along with devising some guides to keep the lift cable away from the pto clutch and hydro pump controls. Mike