Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Single Bottom Plow-Updated Pic

bowhunt4life

I posted this in What's It Worth prior to me purchasing. The plow was in better condition than I thought and the previous owner had the hitch and pin. Plow, Hitch and Pin for $70, I think I did good.

2013-06-13190010_zps99bf8c87.jpg

2013-06-13190020_zpsf06227d8.jpg

You can see the factory number on the blade, not sure what it means so if anyone can decipher I would appreciate.

Also has anyone pulled one of these with a hydro. I am pondering running it on my HB212 but would like some feedback from others.

Oh yeah, very nice! All of mine have had the same #'s on the moldboard, but the ones I have here now, have additional letters below the ones you have shown. I'll ahve to peek and see what they are.

That HB will love pulling a plow. What tire setup do you have, or will you use? The one thing I've found, is that tires wider than the 8.5's stuggle to ride in a furrow.

Nice score Chris.

I paid $60.00 for the Brinly plow I had.

$70.00 for an Allis/Simplicity plow w/sleeve hitch is a deal in my mind.

My HB-212 handled the plow well with ag tires and 2 sets of Allis/Simplicity weights.

Post pics when you get it going.

will pull easier if you keep rust off the moldboard.

will come off after plowing. while in storage keep grease on shiny surfaces

Well I gave the plow a test run with the HB212 and man was I impressed!!

2013-06-14173119_zps69220a20.jpg

2013-06-14173105_zps6100cc28.jpg

I snuck down to my neighbors field and ran a quick run just once and boy a hot knife thru butter!

Very impressive and the HB212 handled it well.

Looks great! Plowing is such a ball.

No pics of your setup process? ;) I usually follow Bob's setup procedure of blocks under the LH tire and adjusting the landside so the tail is up about 1\4" off the ground.

I was going to do the set up but was too anxious. I plan on using Bob's process when I go to turn up my buddy's garden that has yet to do anything with.